I once read a novel that started with a great line, -actually that’s why I bought the novel in the first place- the line was: “There is only one great New Year’s Eve ” and the paragraph continued saying that most of the times this great New Year’s Eve happened the same year, there was a great summer, spring break, you name it. And I stood there in the middle of Walmart’s library next to the Romance paperbacks thinking about this. Was there really just one great New Year’s Eve, Christmas, Spring break, etcetera, etcetera and if there was why hadn’t I have any of those allegedly GREAT MOMENTS, I mean don’t get me wrong I’ve had some great New Year’s Eve, Christmases, Spring breaks, Valentine’s day, Summers, but they were never extraordinarily great, I’m still looking forward for a great beach romance, when the hot guy will kiss under the stars, with the tranquilizing sound of ocean waves filling the atmosphere. But will it ever come? Will I ever have this perfect planet aligning, stars twinkling, heart pounding, breathtaking moment?
I certainly hope so…
But in the end, hasn’t everyone have these fantasy, maybe not exactly like this, but a fantasy, something that you think about when you are about to sleep, something you pondero n your meditation moments. And I’m not talking about, the dream you have to win that golf trophy or to buy those beautiful but expensive stilettos, no I’m talking about moments you fantasize and dream with, like being in a cozy cabin in the middle of snow covered mountains, curled up in a leather sofa, with a cup of warm chocolate in your hands, and the fire crackling in front of you. That’s what I’m talking about, magic stories that your mind makes when your life has become too monotonous, complete atmospheres with sound, actions, and sometimes they even include known people, like your best friends, your crush since 2nd grade, your boyfriend or girlfriend depending on the case, your family, and sometimes even famous people.
So will these events ever take place, and what would happen if they did? Would the magic surrounding them disappear and once they have happened they would have lost all their charm? Well I’m afraid I can’t answer that, but I’m guessing that’s what the whole only one great New Year’s Eve is about, that times when those moments come so close to what you have been fantasizing in your spare time. I just hope those great moments can happen to everyone, because I would be very disappointed if I never get that romantic moment beneath the stars in a lovely beach lost in the Gulf of Mexico.
But in the meantime I certainly hope this year is full of those great moments for all of you and your loved ones. Happy 2009!!!!! And please never stop dreaming! I will enjoy it very much if you could post me some of your magic moments!
Suscribirse a:
Enviar comentarios (Atom)

No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario